You hear it all the time, especially online.
"The best way to become an entrepreneur is to start an online business."
"Start a blog." "Become a podcaster." "Create a subscription-based service." Or "sell a digital information product."
And how about this one:
"It's easier than ever to start an online business."
But you know what?
Starting a 100% online business is anything but easy. In fact, it can be soul-crushingly difficult and it often feels . . . well . . . impossible.
But you probably already know this, because you've been banging your head wondering why you're not getting anywhere.
Just to be clear, there’s a big misconception in the online world of entrepreneurship – that the best new business opportunities are 100% online based.
Contrary to what you hear from many online gurus, did you know that in the U.S.:
- the sale of physical products dwarf those of digital products, and 94 percent of retail sales are still generated in brick-and-mortar stores (1) (2)
- 70 percent of consumers prefer to shop a brick-and-mortar store versus a dot-com store, and 90 percent are more likely to buy when helped by a knowledgeable associate (3)
- consumers pay significantly more for products that they can view in person (4)
And consider that most blogs, podcasts and other digital-based products never make a profit, and that the most profitable types of small businesses are not web-based companies.
So what do you do?
Well, for starters, consider that maybe you're just not the digital or tech-based entrepreneur type. And maybe you -- like thousands of others -- are better suited to create something tangible, such as a physical consumer product, something you can touch, feel and demonstrate.
If you are attracted to a more tangible physical-product-based business, then consider creating and launching a physical product.
And let us help you.
(Drum roll, please. This is our big announcement.)
Because within 30 days, Venture Superfly will be offering two new programs dedicated to helping you create and launch a physical product.
(1) The first is a podcast titled "Product Launch Rebel" where you will hear from experts that have successfully launched a physical product; you'll get their best insider tips and best practices.
(2) Second, Venture Superfly will offer a blockbuster webinar course called "How to Launch a Physical Product: Go Beyond Kickstarter and Get Your Product Into Real-World Hands."
This one-of-a-kind six-part program will provide in-depth lessons on how to spot a product opportunity, how to raise money for your business, and how to get your product in stores, among many others.
It'll be hugely valuable!
So stay tuned for more information and let us know your questions and thoughts below!
Sources: (1) https://selfstartr.com/what-to-sell-online/ (2) https://www.nchannel.com/blog/retail-data-ecommerce-statistics/ (3) http://www.timetrade.com/news/press-releases/study-85-consumers-prefer-shop-physical-stores-vs-online (4) https://www.caltech.edu/news/consumers-will-pay-more-goods-they-can-touch-caltech-researchers-say-1650